Director of Product Management - Equipment
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
The Director of Product Management for Equipment directs engineering activities of equipment-related products in the company. The essential duties for this position include managing the equipment product R&D projects, supporting the related product manufacturing, and closely working with Sales/Marketing to provide value to customers through quality products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage R&D activities and the related product manufacturing for each Equipment product line.
- Review or create technical documentation (e.g. user’s manual, technical notes, etc.)
- Oversee issues in the R&D loop (engineering approach, personnel, timing, budget, etc.) and in the production loop (engineering issues, quality control, supply chain, etc.) and properly handle them.
- Closely work with sales to support customer’s special requirements, from minor custom changes to major OEM projects, including product specifications, engineering approach, cost, timeline, etc. Sometimes may need to communicate directly with customers for detailed technical support.
- Arrange internal and external (outsourcing) resources to meet project commitments. Assure achieving objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Track industry market trends and stay current on competitor products. Analyze product and category performance and take necessary steps to improve.
- Ensure product compliance with industry standard (e.g. IEC standards, Safety standards, CE marking, etc.), with US national security rules (e.g. ITAR, CCL, etc), and with environmental regulations (e.g. ROHS, REACH, WEEE, etc.)
- Manage and support other designated area of responsibility consistent with LIGHTEL values.
- Authorized to work in the US
- MS or PhD degree in EE, Applied Physics, Opto-Mechanics, or related discipline; PhD preferred
- Strong technical background; understanding of optical, mechanical, electrical, or material with substantial expertise in at least one domain
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in managing technical staff (Optical, Mechanical, Electrical, and Firmware engineers)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Proven experience in developing and managing project schedules, budgets, measuring, and reporting
- Experience in managing internal and external vendors/contractors a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
Job Location: Renton, WA
Send your resume to